This article is part of the SolePath Parenting series. Charismatic ‘Sun’ Child | Compassionate ‘Moon’ Child | Inspirational ‘Cosmic’ Child Intellectual ‘Star’ Child | Intuitive ‘Earth’ Child | Spiritual ‘Celestial’ Child
Spiritual LightPath, parenting Superpowers:
- Your superpower is Extrasensory Perception: You are a spiritual observer who is wise, has faith and is a mystical explorer.
- Spiritual: you have a rich inner world, stay connected to your child, to your practical reality.
- Observer: use your gift of being an eyewitness, an evaluator of what is going on, to face your parenting challenges.
- Wise: you are a constant and steady parent, someone your child can rely on. You have innate wisdom.
- Faith: you can trust your parenting abilities.
- Explorer: share your delight in the supernatural with your child. Make this a positive and uplifting experience for them.
- Self- care: Make sure that you get time alone to recuperate. Take the time to sharpen your axe. A woodcutter would never keep chopping with a blunt axe. Renew and replenish yourself to be the best parent you can be.
- Action: Focus on faith and trusting. Learn to meditate with guided meditation, visualization, or any way you prefer. You will be a better parent. You are strong, steady and wise. Join Dr. Debra on Insight Timer, the world’s best meditation app.
Spiritual DarkPath parenting hazards:
- Superiority: You can be dogmatic and become rigid and stuck. You want your child to exercise their right to their own opinions and beliefs, it’s an important part of growing up and operating in real world.
- Judgemental observer: Sometimes you stand on the sidelines and keep yourself on the outside, not participating, yet judging. Get in the game, be an involved parent. Life is much more interesting when you are an active participant.
If you don’t yet know your or your child’s SolePath, click here to request it.
Spiritual Balance parenting gifts and greatness
If you have a Spiritual Balance LightPath, to be the best parent that you can be:
- Non-resistance: As a Spiritual Balance parent you are someone who lives with non-resistance, does not struggle and goes with the flow. You adapt to change and easily accept daily life challenges. You let things happen and doesn’t waste time trying to control the uncontrollable. You are laid back and easy going and don’t unnecessarily push up against others.
- Balance: One of your gifts as a Spiritual Balance parent is to be able to create balance in your own life and help your child to find their balance. You have a peaceful and calm energy that naturally affects others.
- People: As a Spiritual Balance parent you have charm and sincerity, and this makes you really good with people. You are confident, content and satisfied with life and are a warm, friendly, and kind-hearted person. Your child loves this about you.
If you have a Spiritual Balance DarkPath, to stay light and loving:
- Conflict: You are disturbed by disharmony and loud voices and struggle when things don’t run smoothly. But there is no need to go overboard trying to avoid conflict. Remember, you can’t please everyone, all the time. Going with the flow and not struggling against everything is an incredible life skill and you know how to do it.
- Decisive: Make a decision! Commit! Stop letting others down! Trying to get a decision out of a dark Spiritual Balance is like trying to grab a handful of water. Be dependable, your child needs to be able to rely on you.
- Change: Too much change can create stress for you. Understand that as a parent, change is inevitable. Find ways to cope. Don’t overcommit to a life that’s too busy, and plan ahead. Give yourself time to ‘just be’ as this brings harmony and equilibrium into your life.
Spiritual Mystic parenting gifts and greatness
If you have a Spiritual Mystic LightPath, to be the best parent that you can be:
- Enlighten: The Spiritual Mystic parent is an excellent communicator, with a talent for the written and spoken word. You have the ability to make ideas, thoughts and feelings known to your child, so that they can understand. Sometimes you are just happy being in your own world, but make an effort to communicate with your child, to speak and to listen.
- Beliefs: As a Spiritual Mystic parent you have very firm opinions and beliefs. You certainly don’t need outside validation for who you are and what you stand for. You know what you believe in; and have a very strong personality.
- Quiet: The Spiritual Mystic parent has a deep need for time and space to recuperate after busyness and interacting with others. Quiet time alone, doing things by yourself, doing whatever you want, is very rejuvenating for you. Take the time to regroup, recharge and reflect.
If you have a Spiritual Mystic DarkPath, to stay light and loving:
- Tolerance: Remember, your beliefs are not the only ones that are right! Expose your child to different ideas, belief systems and cultures. Model flexibility and tolerance for them. Be allowing, not dogmatic. Stay humble.
- Private: You can be hard to get to know as you are a very private person. You are also not very open to small talk, but this is sometimes a necessary part of socializing with other parents. You are not anti-social, in the interests of your child, make the effort to connect with other families.
- Patronizing: Superiority is a dreadful parenting strategy. Be gentle with your children, find a better parenting strategy than harsh words or punishment.
Spiritual Warrior parenting gifts and greatness
If you have a Spiritual Warrior LightPath, to be the best parent that you can be:
- Champion: As a Spiritual Warrior parent you are not afraid to stand up and fight for what you believe in, notably, your child. Your feel passionately about things and when challenged, your natural tendency is to stand your ground and prepare for battle.
- Committed: The Spiritual Warrior parent is dedicated to what you believe in. You hold deep convictions and have strong opinions. You have great integrity. Model this for your child by having your words and actions match. Do what you say you will do, and they will learn to trust.
- Resolute: With your passionate and feisty nature, as a Spiritual Warrior parent you are resolute and strong. You are capable and organized, have tremendous energy and like to have a plan. Get organized, but don’t let it stop spontaneity and creativity.
If you have a Spiritual Warrior DarkPath, to stay light and loving:
- Quarrelsome: You are willing to ‘go to war’ for your passions and beliefs. Beware of when being feisty, becomes quarrelsome. As a Spiritual Warrior parent understand that you can’t always get your own way and you don’t need to go to war for every little thing. Be discerning.
- Compromise: The job of parenting requires you to engage in activities that you may not enjoy. As a Spiritual Warrior parent, you may struggle to put your energy into anything you don’t feel passionate about. Understand that being a parent is an exercise in compromise and choose to be involved in every aspect.
- Impatience: Patience is a virtue needed to be a good, loving, and effective parent. You can be relentless, undaunted and unshakeable, and it’s important to see the world from another’s point of view. To walk a mile in someone else’s shoes.
If you don’t yet know your or your child’s SolePath, click here to request it.
Author: Dr. Debra Ford Msc.D.
Dr. Debra is a spiritual philosophy teacher with a doctorate in metaphysical science. She is an ordained minister and member of the American metaphysical doctors association and the Canadian international metaphysical ministry. Dr. Debra’s SolePath is Inspirational Teacher and Spiritual Mystic. It is this SolePath that allows her to connect, create and communicate the SolePath body of work. She is the author of 16 books including ‘SolePath the path to purpose and a beautiful life‘, ‘Daily Pulse, rhythm of the Tao‘ and her children’s book ‘Emilia Rose and the rainbow adventure’.